Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Repurposed Vintage Jewelry- Before and After

Almost two weeks ago, my friend Valerie came to visit me in Dallas.  We packed a whole lot of fun into just a few short days-- I wrote about it in a post just a little over a week ago here.

As I mentioned in that post, one of the things we did was play around with some ideas on repurposing some of her grandmother's jewelry into more wearable pieces for Valerie.  After she left, I put everything together and I think it all turned out really pretty.  So, today, is the big reveal!  Yay!

Her grandmother had these pretty Trifari clip earrings.  They're very sweet, and in good condition.  But, they were clip ons.  And that is an unnecessary discomfort! So I snipped off the clips, filed everything down so it was smooth and then wire wrapped a few beads to the main part of the earring.
Pearl and Rhinestone Trifari Clip Earrings (before)
Repurposed Trifari Earrings (after)
Valerie's grandmother also had a silver beaded necklace that we decided to change up with a vintage flower brooch I had in my stash, along with a some 1970s chain.  I also made little earrings to match the necklace because there were plenty of leftover beads, and a small amount of of chain.  I love the way this necklace turned out! (Oh and I almost forgot~ and the silver bead on the Trifari earrings came from the necklace too.) 

Silver Beaded Necklace (BEFORE)
Vintage Assemblage Necklace and Earrings (AFTER)
I'm so happy Valerie has these things of her grandmother's.  It was so fun to make them into something "new", but that still have the sentimental value for her.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Kerri, I can't thank you enough! I love everything about my resparkled jewelry!

Kerri said...

you are SO welcome! it was so fun!